Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Biscornu Arrived





An envelope from Germany was in my mailbox yesterday. I think our family has given the mail carrier here more unusual mail than anyone else in the apt. complex!

Inside was this wonderful bee & flower biscornu AND a matching fob, Tentakulum overdyed thread, a piece of linen, an Isabelle Vautier chart (my first), and a postcard from the sender, Gaby.


Gaby, I am so pleased with everything, especially the nature theme of the biscornu and fob. I saw some objects on a blog that were the exact shape of this fob. The person had made them in bright colors and then set them in a bowl and called them "Fabric Candy." I searched and searched through all of my bookmarked blogs but could not find that website again. Could you please post a picture of the shape of cloth (rectangle or square) needed to make this?

Marie W.

7 comments:

Carol R said...

Try this site for a humbug finish tutorial

http://plushcat.blogspot.com/2006/01/how-to-make-humbug.html

Pretty biscornu

Carol said...

What a lovely job - congratulations Gaby!!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky K in OK said...

Such a great biscornu exchange.

Einschies blog said...

Marie, I am really happy you like the Biscornu and the fob;-)) It looks difficult to make but it´s easy, Carols link is perfect, I did it with this tutorial too;-))

I am still waiting for my Biscornu and this is hard;-)) I am not a patient person...

Gaby

Lillie said...

Adorble and beautifully finished.

WendyJo said...

What a lovely biscournu and fob!