Sunday, April 20, 2008

Biscornu lands in the U.K.



I received a beautiful biscornu from Kim yesterday morning. She stitched me a lovely Chatelaine design, Kathy's Violets, and she told me that she couldn't find a button that she liked so crocheted a small flower for the front and back. Kim stitched our intials and those of the exchange and the date in the four corners on the back of the biscornu. Also included in the package was a lovely magazine containing some beautiful floral designs that I'm really looking forward to stitching. Kim also sent me a large selection of DMC threads which, although they are reasonably easy to get over here in the U.K., are rather more expensive. There was also a lovely fridge magnet from New York, a place I visited when I was nine and now, forty one years later I have a lovely momento of that visit on my fridge. Thank you so much Kim for a lovely exchange, the arrival of which cheered up a rather gloomy Saturday morning here in the U.K.

2 comments:

Dragonflymystic said...

Beautiful job !!!
Love the initials and the HOE stitched on the side... :)
Laura

stitchenmylifeaway said...

Lucky you. Those are my favorite colors. Is the flower in the center corcheted? I love it.
Shay