Friday, April 11, 2008

Pyn Keepe arrival

I received my HOE exchange from Shelley yesterday and it was really the high point of my day!!! Here is a snap of the exchange -


and here is a close up of the Pyn Keepe -


Shelley made the most lovely piece using Thistle Threads "Miniature Quaker" pattern using Silweavers beautiful "Sandstorm" linen with Cherry Wildflowers silk (I love those Quakers and cool muted colours). The finishing is perfect and fits in so nicely with my growing collection of pyn keepes . The extras she included were a chart by Milady's Needle - "Quaker Christmas Smalls" (a chart I have seen but did not have and wanted!!!!) Also included were two skeins of floss - Waterlilies "Arabian Nights" and GAST"Cranberry"(again I just love muted darker colours!!), two pieces of 32 ct linen - in Chestnut and Blue (32 ct is my favorite ct to work on), a fun piece of fabric for finishing, a note pad with stickies and some fun Glee Gum, Tangerine Flavor! Thank you so much for this wonderful package!!! I have been so spoiled!!!!!

Thank you again!!!!!
edgar

3 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, another beauty! This group has really put together some lovely exchanges!

WendyJo said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors! Its red! :)

Shelley said...

I am so glad you like it, Edgar. I was really happy with the way the colors pulled together.