Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WOW! And some important group news...

Wow! I am sooo impressed with the stitched items coming in from this group! Have you all had a chance to peek at the lovely stitches items that we are all receiving! I am sooooo proud of this group!

I have important news too. Blogger is no longer allowing post dated posts. So, how can I, or the other moderators, keep new exchange info at the top of the blog?

Well... a lot of thought is going into this. I set up a Yahoo group today at: Hooked on Exchanging Yahoo Group .... please register and then go to the database section and input your address, email and blog URL (if you have one) - thanks! This is an experiment... we are looking into setting up a bulletin board, but those are a bit tricky....

Maybe we can expand beyond 100 members if this takes off well! I am not sure if Yahoo Groups has such limits? Thank you!

3 comments:

Einschies blog said...

Carol are you sure??? I noticed that too some weeks ago...I then wrote my post, sent it and then went to rework on it and then it worked....

Oh I love blogging so much more than yahoo groups at the moment....

Gaby

stitchhappy said...

I don't think Yahoo! Groups has a limit - wXSw has over 900 members.

Carla said...

Hi Carol!

I'm not sure if you're still searching for a way to keep you announcement posts on top of the blog...but I searched a little bit and might have found a solution for this problem...here's what I found :

"One quick note: If you want to give a post a date in the future but have it appear on your blog now, you’ll need to add in an extra step. First, publish your post with the current date and time. This will make it appear on your blog. Then, edit the post to change the date into the future and publish it again." (The link to this info is http://buzz.blogger.com/2008/05/blogger-now-schedules-future-dated.html)

Hope that helps :) !!
Carla