Monday, October 20, 2008

THANK YOU LYNN!!!

My mattress pincushion exchange came today in the form of a history lesson based around some of my likes that she read about on my blog.

Lynn lives 1.5 hours from the Lake District in the UK, which is the home of Beatrix Potter. She just was there on holiday and visited Hilltop Farm, the house where Beatrix lived in the 1800's. She sent me some picture postcards of this house, a postcard and a fridge magnet of Miss Tiggy-winkle (a Hedgehog from Beatrix Potter), a thimble with Beatrix Potter's house on it, a very small but cute Peter Rabbit calendar, a skein of purple variegated floss and of course, the mattress pincushion, which is a peacock design. Lynn says this was just her second one she has done and she did a fantastic job. She stitched over 1 on what looks like 25ct. I love how Lynn pieced all of this together in kind of a history lesson. Nobody needs history lessons more than me! Thanks you so much, Lynn. This is a super exchange!



1 comment:

trillium said...

This design is lovely. I'm thinking about doing a series of peacock items.