Thursday, September 17, 2009

By The Sea Exchange

Sorry for the delay in posting a picture, I've been rather tied up with work recently and then, just as the pressure eased, got a stinking cold! However, I'm sure you're going to agree the wait was worth it!

Michelle pulled out a blinder for the By The Sea Exchange I received recently. She'd obviously been looking at my blog and spotted some of my likes and dislikes and I think she judged them very well indeed!

 
The design is a pretty new one by Country Cottage Needleworks and I think Michelle has done a super job, making it vibrant but not spoiling the balance of the design - the evenness of the stitching is amazing, too!
The mini pillow is backed in a jewel bright turquoise fabric, and Michelle was kind enough to include more of the same in the package:


She also included a fabulous star pendant. I've had to hide it from my mother, she was coveting it ...
It was a fabulous parcel to receive, thank you so much Michelle! The pillow is now gracefully decorating my bathroom and I can admire it multiple times a day!
Oh - and did you know the 'she' in this rhyme is based on a real person, called Mary Anning?

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a beautiful piece Michelle stitched. Great exchange!

Sandrajay: said...

Lovely exchange, enjoy!

Sharlotte said...

Very very cute!