Monday, January 10, 2011

Reindeer Christmas Ornament Exchange

Dear HoE Members,
I have been tossing around an idea in my head for some time now... and today, I decided to launch it. Please let me know if you want to join in!
I used to participate in a Christmas Ornament Swap that appears to have ended. However, I loved it so much, and want to do another... so I am extending the invite to you!
Here is my idea... every two months on the 15th of the even months (Feb, April, June, August, October, December) we will have mailing dates to swap a themed Christmas ornament. You do not need to participate in them all. I will post for sign ups well ahead of time..
To start, how about a Reindeer theme? Every member who signs up with stitch an ornament for their partner that has at least one reindeer in it... simple, right? Next time the theme will be different... alphabet, snowman, noel, french designer, etc... I am open to suggestions on the themes, too....

This will be a no-goodies exchange - just send your ornament.

So, I will take sign ups for round one (now to be known as "the reindeer round") from today until January 10th. The mailing date for your ornament will be February 15, 2011. If the anticipated mailing date for any month is a Sunday, please mail on the 16th (Monday)... Feel free to mail as early as you like, too.

This is open to current HoE and HoEII members only, but I have a few on the wait list that I will invite in this week.... they are welcome to join too.

To sign up, please email me at carolsutcliffe @ comcast . net (delete spaces) and make sure to give me the vitals for sign up: your name, address and your blog link.

Thanks so much - hope we have some fun!

No comments: